Friday, April 06, 2007



ANNUAL PREVIEW

Here's a preview of some page designs from the TRIPWIRE Annual. It's looking very nice.
So we have the front page design for the Alan Moore feature and the front spread for the Heroes feature…
I'll be putting pages up as I go…
I went to see the Bryan Talbot Alice In Sunderland talk yesterday. As I always do at these things, I bumped into many of the usual suspects (Mike Carey, Rich Johnston, Adrian Brown). But I also saw someone I hadn't seen in about four years. Back in 2003, at the end of TRIPWIRE's brief colour monthly incarnation, Simon Miller, who wrote for Borderline, with his wife/ partner (whose name escapes me here) was kind enough to give me and Gary a lift back to London from Bristol. I never saw him again but yesterday I bumped into him outside the Plough, the pub next to where Talbot's talk was taking place. What was even stranger is that I had seen him earlier in the day in Covent Garden when I was walking to work, thought he looked familiar and thought nothing more of it until I saw him (ramble over)…
The talk was very enlightening and I have a copy of Alice in Sunderland, which I'll be reviewing on the blog when I get the chance to…
By the way, everyone should vote for Andy Winter and Declan Shalvey's Hero Killers in the Eagles. Here's the URL:
http://www.eagleawards.co.uk/…

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Great portrait of Moore. Looks positively stately. Well, I suppose he is a national treasure...

10:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home