Saturday, February 02, 2008





MOORE OR LESS?
Today Gosh held a Lost Girls signing. Now available in the UK two years after its release in the States, Alan Moore and Melinda Gebbie were scheduled to sign at the London shop. But sadly Melinda was taken ill and so it was just Alan. Moore hasn't signed at a UK comic shop in about 20 years so it attracted a queue in the hundreds. I went along to take some new photos of Alan and get a quote off him for the Michael Moorcock feature for the TRIPWIRE Annual. I bumped into Dez Vylenz, who made the Mindscape of Alan Moore documentary which was a pleasant surprise as well as a few other people I hadn't seen in a while like Barry, who used to be manager of Gosh who left it a few years ago.
So here are some photos of the signing, the queue that snaked around outside and the man himself…

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger tim.pilcher said...

Argh, Joel, can't believe you got my ugly mug up on that photo! Take it down immediately! Good to see you, Dez, Rich J, and all the rest of the gang. Nice to see Kev O'Neil turn up as well. Hadn't seen him since the closing of Showcase. All the best, Tim.

10:26 am  
Blogger Jon Chandler said...

hi Joel, it`s Jon who used to work in the Gosh. I`m in Japan at the moment. I`m really pleased to see Alan using my old yellow mug. What a privilege - for him ;-p

4:11 am  
Blogger smoky man said...

great pics Joel ;)

smok!

10:44 am  
Blogger tismey said...

ooo, that's me with the Alternative Tentacles bag!! That was at the beginning of the 3 hour queuing session...

3:02 pm  
Blogger Alexa D said...

Wow, the first time in 20 years? Really? Looks like I picked the right year to study abroad then.

6:17 pm  
Blogger Dennis Murphy said...

he is scary

1:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home